Passports, Visas and Travel Documents

Will Brexit affect travel to the UK and Europe?

lf you're from a non-EU country and wishing to visit or travel within the EU, you'll need a passport issued within the previous 10 years and valid for at least 3 months after the day you intend to leave the EU country/countries you intend on visiting.

Also, you will need to apply for relevant visa from the consulate or embassy of the country you're visiting. If the visa you require is for a Schengen area country*,it automatically allows you to travel to the other Schengen countries freely. If you have a residence permit from one of the Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa. A national visa may be needed to visit non-Schengen countries. Entry conditions to the United Kingdom or Ireland are based on their respective national law and are different from the EU rules. Please contact the consulate or embassy for each country for more information.

It is possible that Border officials in certain EU counties may ask for supporting documents including a return or round-trip ticket, an invitation letter or proof of lodging during your visit. For the exact requirements, please contact the local consular services of the EU country in question.

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.